Friday 15 June 2012

New directions....

No, its not a Glee Club... but it is a whole new adventure for me and one that I could never have envisaged even 12 months ago...

This week I made some fairly major decisions...

The first was to make the decision to work towards moving back to the country, putting in my transfer and starting the process. With all the little rootlets I have up here, including my amazing support crew, family, friends and my routines, it hasn't been as easy a decision as I thought it would be, but its been made and the winds of change are now blowing. My gorgeous man is excited and already looking forwards to the next stage of our lives living where we always wanted to, with space, trees and fresh air around us. Finally building our dream home, and building a place that our current (and future, God willing) grandchildren will want to come and visit on a regular basis....


The second major decision was based also on future directions, on looking forward to just how I am going to sustain the changes I have been making in my habits and health. How am I going to stop myself becoming very much a statistic and putting all the weight back on PLUS as is so often the case?  Well the conclusion I came to after much thought and discussion with those who know me and care about me, was to make it as big a part of my life as I could, and what better way than to become a Personal Trainer myself. 


Yes.. as I said, NEVER something I could have imagined myself even contemplating doing not so long ago.. but I am cautiously excited about it now.. going from Couch Potato to someone who actively works with others to help them improve the quality of their lives through healthy living and fitness. WOW... How different my life is turning out to be... at 44 years of age I am embarking on a whole new direction, combating the fears and doubts that have held me back, I may fall flat on my face, but I KNOW I have the strength to get back up again, I KNOW I have amazing people around me that have faith in me, and I KNOW that I will NEVER go back to that sad, sad person I was before, hiding behind layers of fat and fear, holding the world and even those close to me at arms length... LIFE IS GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment